Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Using Short Name Domains To Promote.

I decided to share online, another way or technique that I use to get referrals or in more marketing lingo..increase my downline!

Now, let me give a little information and terminology (my defintions) first. Please bear with me, I try not to get to complicated or wordy!

  • Short name domains: This are domains that I refer too that have 6 or less characters in them, not including the extensions! Now a character can be a letter, number or even a hyphen. A hyphen never starts or end the domain name!

    A short name doamin can be any combination of letter, number or hypens or all letters and numbers (these are rarer)! For example 1m1.info is a short name domain that I own!


  • Recently Expired Domains: Now there are 1000s of domains that expire daily. Some of these domains have many backlinks (links back to them) and long history of being online! While some are just pure garbage!

    These domains expire for a variety of reasons, maybe the owner died, lost interest, didn't have the funds or got involved in other things etc!

    Now that the definitions are over, let me share what I been doing (for awhile now)!

    Every now and then, especially when I have the funds available, I check for recently expired short name domains that either have good PR (page rank) or traffic and especially indexed for keywords that I am interested in!

    When I find these domains..

  • I set them up as a "redirect" (basically the domain take visitor to another site) to my referral link!
  • I usually keep an eye on my new sites (my recently bought domain) statistics for around a month or two!
  • At the same time, I continue to do my usual promoting (see my other postings)!

    Now a important factor of buying and registering these domains to use a redirect are
    1. The domain is mine for a year or longer from the day that I register them.
    2. Majority of registrars (sites where I registered my domain) don't charge anything for a domain redirect!
    3. Depending on the "extensions" and the registrar, some domains (dot com/nets) might cost $10.00 dollars or less that that!


    So I have a whole year for my redirects to get me back my investment..if they don't..well they are available to register when the years up!

    Now I mentioned that I might cost me $10.00 to register a domain for a whole year, well I spend way more than that on coffee for a month!

    Feel free to leave me a comment with any questions or suggestions!

    Here are some of my resources for short name domains!

  • Available Short Name Domains

  • Favorite Registrar (1)

  • Favorite Registrar (2)

    Further Info and Suggestions


    Stumble Promoters Tips  submit to reddit   


    Follow Me On Twitter

    How To Make Extra Money Online-Free Info

  • 1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Thanks Austin A.! Glad you find my posting helpful! I do my best to share information in my blogs/sites! Good luck on your buying a short name domain!